DIR- Generic Wrist slate recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Working on piece by piece getting all my little gear required for GUE for fundies.

any recommendations on wrist slates?

Looks like Dive Rite and OMS are basically the same, super simple held together with bungee

looks like scuba pro has got more little pieces.

leaning toward dive rite/OMS

I would recommend speaking with whatever GUE Instructor that you chose over gear configuration, so you don't purchase the wrong items before your class.

I also second @ericfine50 comment, you will need a set of wetnotes for your Fundies class. Lots of options out there from budget ones on from Piranha Dive Manufacturing to ones with fancier branding like Halcyon, GUE, Diverite, etc.

Budget option:
Deluxe Underwater Notebook w/Denier Cover , Piranha Dive Shop |

make sure to get one of these lead pencils as well
Pilot Croquis 6B
Graphite Lead Pencil with 3 feet 1/8

I would recommend speaking with whatever GUE Instructor that you chose over gear configuration, so you don't purchase the wrong items before your class.

I also second @ericfine50 comment, you will need a set of wetnotes for your Fundies class. Lots of options out there from budget ones on from Piranha Dive Manufacturing to ones with fancier branding like Halcyon, GUE, Diverite, etc.

Budget option:
Deluxe Underwater Notebook w/Denier Cover , Piranha Dive Shop |

make sure to get one of these lead pencils as well
Pilot Croquis 6B
Graphite Lead Pencil with 3 feet 1/8
Thanks for the info. I’m covered on the wet notes, my wife got me a halcyon for Xmas.

And I just realized I have my agencies switched, I was looking at my notes on PADI tec 40 requirements: 2 cutting devices and a wrist slate....so I don’t need one after all.

I was looking at my notes on PADI tec 40

ewww ... do they still have that student workbook that shows an instructor demonstrating a gas switch ... while kneeling on the bottom?

Regarding the original question: as mentioned above, no wrist slates in GUE or DIR in general.

ewww ... do they still have that student workbook that shows an instructor demonstrating a gas switch ... while kneeling on the bottom?

Regarding the original question: as mentioned above, no wrist slates in GUE or DIR in general.
That I don’t know

I have a post about this else where but I’m very generally considering taking the PADI tec 40 course because the dive shop I’m using on our Costa Rica trip offers it and I though it might be fun to just do it. But it is also just going to be a waste of time so I’m probably better off just spending the cash on a few more days of rec diving charters

DIR in general.

And diving in general.

Life in general.

Just say no to wrist slates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom