wrist or console computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer a wrist computer because I find it easier to see and use then on a console. Its also easier to review the dive afterwards because you don't have to have all of your regs with you to look at the computer (though there are quick disconnects that you can put on your HP hose to solve this problem)

I don't know if you already got the computer, but if you are still looking, one thing to think about is if the battery is user replaceable or not. Some batteries can be really expensive to replace if you have to send them back to the manufacturer.

I Would like to expand the question to where else could you mount the computer to use it effectively. My console mount drives me nuts and a fair amount of my diving excludes a wrist mount.

I second the user replaceable battery.

Bob

prefer wrist mounted myself, especially in a bungee mount.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?category=instruments

Taking advice from a n00b like me will probably get you killed, but since you asked I second the bungee mount. I put mine on my forearm alongside my bottom timer. Super easy to read while cruising slowly with arms outstretched or folded across my chest for trim. I took the DIR road and put it on my right arm: The left hand operates the dump valve and wing inflator, so when ever you are trying to control your level (such as during a safety stop), you are looking at your depth on your right arms while using your left to control your wing or BCD's inflation.

While it's inconvenient to grab the console, the biggest problem I have with the console is that it's on my left side so you have to grab it to look at your depth, then drop it to operate your dump valve or inflator, then grab it to check depth, and so forth.

Again, look at my profile before you act on anything I say :)

I a fair amount of my diving excludes a wrist mount.

Why is that?

Lobster, Rock Scallop, and Salvage when I can. Besides scratching the face, its a snag hazard or could be lost if bungied to prevent the former.

It isn't just my nose I'm sticking into things.

Bob

Are you going tech or not? Are you going GUE fundies or DIR or just staying plain Recreational?all these questions need to be decided before you go any firther with the equipement.

Wrist. Enough said.

(Although there is a good case for consoles if you're lobstering).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom