Wrist mount Dive Light by Zen Diving, Inc. The "Froglamp"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen Diving Inc.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Introducing the "Froglamp" by Zen Diving, Inc.

Made in the USA.

The Froglamp features a dive light made by renowned light builders "Ikelite" model PCm GEN2 LED. Super bright with 5hrs of burn time @ 205 lumens! Depth Rated to 300'. Also made in the USA. Total combined weight is 1lb 4oz, virtually neutral in saltwater! Neg -.025oz varies each..

The housing is made from heavy duty rubber. Solid design with bands that stretch a bit to give a good fit. Attaches to the user with several inches of overlapping industrial grade velcro which is permanently bonded to the housing bands. The light is semi-permanently mounted inside the housing. It will not come out unless you want it to, details on removing the light provided with instructions and care sheet. The light ON/OFF switch is located in the front and all internal parts come out through the front on this light.

We are an authorized dealer for Ikelite, the lights are under a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. The housing has a 5yr limited warranty from Zen Diving, Inc. As with all things used underwater proper care after use must be ensured.

This product is handmade here in south Florida by divers, for divers. The "Froglamp" is a one piece urethane rubber. We can create custom colors upon your request or use a 2 tone process to give you multiple colors.

Standard colors available:
Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple, Black, Brown

One size fits all up to 14.75" diameter (measure the largest part of your forearm), some trimming may be required.
Example#1: 6'Male large build 12.5" forearm + 3mm wetsuit.

Manufacturing Disclaimer: Products are hand made and held to a high standard of functionality. With that said it is not uncommon to find minor and or small imperfections in the product. None of which have any bearing on reliability, performance and or structural integrity. We guarantee any defects that would hinder the use of this product. All products are thoroughly tested and inspected before shipping.

Any interest in the product please PM me or email me michael@zendiving.net
85.00$ plus shipping
148644_437740542957704_2070954163_n.jpg598396_437740576291034_1598642051_n.jpg537483_437740559624369_1326784537_n.jpg

Bump...

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 05:17 PM ----------

Bump...

---------- Post added February 26th, 2013 at 05:18 PM ----------

Any opinion what so ever???

Feedback requested: For much less money, you can get a soft goodman mount, such as Oxycheq sell, capable of fitting a wide variety of lights, comfortable and long-lasting.

I think it looks pretty slick, and would be a nice option for an OW night dive. Price point wise, it looks about right seeing it includes the light. It looks like it could take some getting used to as far as aiming goes, because I don't always point my entire arm in a direction.

perhaps a bit large/clumsy... something just isn't getting me excited... appears to take up some serious real estate...

Looks pretty slick but I use my light while lobstering in Massachusetts waters and I am afraid it would get in the way while plunging my arm into a bug hole.

I see two issuess. One, arm mounted, you have to turn the entire fore arm to point the light. Imagine you have to light up gauges mounted on the other hand or even a console. Wrist/goodman style mounted is more flexible. Two, I can no long put any wrist mounted devices, such as computer or compass with this.

To be honest it looks like it's bulky and unwieldy, plus wrist space is at a premium with computers, wrist slates, compasses etc.
I'd prefer it mounted on the back of the hand to be honest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom