Wrist Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is a method to mount a computer module onto your wrist. The module shown is 1 1/2" x 3/4" before it was placed in the boot but this method would work for any size.

Step1

You will need
-1ft of 3/16" bungee cord.
-One hose clamp
-One section of 3/8" medium density rubber as long as the circumference of your module and about 3/8" wider.
-Two bike tire tube sections.
23366_4449_1.jpg

Step2

Cut a 1/8" deep channel into the inside of the medium density rubber as wide as your module.

Step3

-Wrap your module with the medium density rubber so it fits into the channel.
-Wrap the first piece of inner tube around it to hold everything together.
23366_4449_2.jpg

Step4

-Push the bungee cord ends underneath the inner tube and adjust to your wrist size.
23366_4449_3.jpg

Step5

-Burn the ends of the bungee cord and double them over. Secure this with the stainless hose clamp.
23366_4449_4.jpg

Step6

-Wrap the last piece of inner tube around the hose clamp. I cut this tube a bit wider than the first piece so it can wrap around the edge of the boot to give a finished look.

23366_4449_5.jpg

23366_4449_6.jpg

This was my first DIY report and it didn't insert the photos onto the page so here is a link to the report with the photos.

DIY wrist boot

Never say anything more predictive than "Watch This!"
:D

I am constantly amazed that the manufacturers 1) don't or won't provide a simple solution and 2) how resourceful this diving community is.

Yeah, I agree. Stress test everything.

Hantzu

As an inland commercial diver I can *really* stress test diving gear.
The only tests I don't do are deep tests. Not much deep water in the storm drains of FL.:D

Hi Deepdiverbc,

I wish my computer were round. I still use a rectangular Monitor 2 :( . Any suggestions out there? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom