Wrinkles Dive @ Laguna Beach - Feb 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
When: Saturday, February 9th
Where: Laguna Beach/ OC, Gather at Laguna Sea Sports

Location Update:
Gordy from Laguna Sea Sports has been nice enough to offer us a place to gather at Laguna Sea Sports for our BBQ, while Heisler Park is still under construction. He has chairs and tables that we can use. He will even let us use his propane BBQ. (Headhunter will bring a bottle of propane, so we don't use his.)

We did this for our October 2007 Wrinkles event and it worked out very well for us!

Anytime you get a chance to visit Laguna Sea Sports, please ask for Gordy and thank him for letting us use his place to gather for our Laguna Beach events.

About the Wrinkles Dives
This dive is open to everyone of all skill levels from "I'm not certified yet" to "Do we really have to dive the Andrea Doria again?" Significant others, families and friends are all welcome and you don't have to have a buddy to join us.

Potluck Items needed:

EZup
Utensils
Condiments:
Side Dishes
Dessert
Hamburgers
Hamburger Buns
Hot dogs
Hot dog Buns
Water

With Heisler closed, dives will take place at the whatever sites people prefer (Shaw's Cove, Fisherman's Cove, Diver's Cove, Crescent Bay, etc...). For the BBQ and surface intervals we'll be meeting up at Laguna Seasports's parking lot. Please do not park at their shop so customers have a spot.

Map of Laguna Sea sports location.

RSVP:

Please RSVP or by PM, so that we can get a headcount for food. Please read the thread to find out what items are needed for the optional potluck.

I can make it to this one! But is anyone else planning on showing up?

Yup. There's already 5 people confirmed and another 5 on the maybe list with two weeks to go.

coolio, i'll bring dogs and buns, just let me know how much is needed a couple days before.

Ted sir! John and I will be there, though not likely to stick around for lunch (I have a hot date that night and it takes me FOREVER to primp). Where is the actual diving going to take place? Shaw's or Crescent?? Just so as I know where to dock the wagon...

Looking forward to the first dive of February...with my "new" dysuit", BP/W, and cannister light!

Ted sir! John and I will be there, though not likely to stick around for lunch (I have a hot date that night and it takes me FOREVER to primp). Where is the actual diving going to take place? Shaw's or Crescent?? Just so as I know where to dock the wagon...

Looking forward to the first dive of February...with my "new" dysuit", BP/W, and cannister light!

Hey Robert,

People will probably be diving in both places.

You're going to be a star with your new gear!

I look forward to seeing you and John.

You should have brought your hot date to the beach! :wink:

Christian

coolio, i'll bring dogs and buns, just let me know how much is needed a couple days before.

Hey Josh,

I've marked down that you're bringing the dogs and buns in the Wrinkles Plannning and RSVP Thread.

It's still early to know the number of people, but right now it looks like it's over 10 people. By next Saturday we'll probably be closer to 20 or 30.

See you next Saturday!

Christian

Less than a week to go and weather.com's reporting a sunny weekend!

Update: There's now 15 people RSVP'd!

Remaining Items we could still use:

Condiments:
  • mayo
  • pickles
  • lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • onions
Side Dishes
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
Fruit
Chips
Dessert
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

There is a slim chance I may be able to show up, but not with dive gear. I'm giving a talk at USC Friday night and have a HOT date Sat night so I don't want to muss up my hair before that!

Ted, just posted on TDM ( Christian, count me in for fruit, chips, and pickles ).

Looking forward to meeting up with old and future friends.... wow, even the weather looks good this weekend.... boy, we need the rain but I'm so over it already.

Back
Top Bottom