Wrecks in Khao Lak Worth Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB2013

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Khao Lak for 2 weeks. I have got a liveaboard booked to the Similans Islands. I will have a few spare days are the wrecks at Khao Lak worth diving?

Yes, definitely worthwhile checking out, lots of marine life, from big-ish (sometimes, if you're lucky though) to macro. A good day's diving for very reasonable prices.

Yes, they are very nice diving on a daytrip. You may already go there on your liveaboard though.

The Liveaboard is not going to go to the wrecks.

---------- Post added December 13th, 2013 at 10:39 PM ----------

Yes, definitely worthwhile checking out, lots of marine life, from big-ish (sometimes, if you're lucky though) to macro. A good day's diving for very reasonable prices.

I will check them out.

Definitely check them out...Boonsung Wreck is amazing and with the seas calmed down now from last month the visibility is up to about 25m although you might struggle to see that far due to the marine life around it...Easily done in a day trip of about six hours with two dives there via long tail :)

Second the Boonsung wreck as we just got back from that area after 2 weeks. You could spend 3 or 4 dives on that wreck and not see it all ,lots of different marine life .

Love the Khao Lak area

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback. I will let you know how I get on. Cant wait.

The Boonsung wreck is an excellent dive site with loads of marine life. When I travel back to Khao Lak I plan on diving all the wrecks as well as doing another liveaboard.

Thirding (or fourthing) the Boonsung Wreck, it's my chosen dive site for my mapping project for my DMT, and I never get tired of diving there... Let me know when you're going and I can try to explain where you can find a ghost pipe fish and a couple of frog fish (there's a new baby one :) )

Cheers,

Mariana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom