Wrecks around Grenada (Caribbean)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zz1ajs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are they good wrecks to dive? and what is the island like generally?

We have recently come back from Chu'uk (Truk Lagoon) which we thought was fabulous diving. We did 24 dives there, at a rate of 2 a day to keep our computers clear. All that warm water for deco stops was such a luxury! We are advanced leisure divers having enjoyed many wreck dives over the years (eg Red Sea N and S, but mainly UK coast, including Scapa Flow).

We have been thinking of booking a trip to the Maldives to celebrate my mum's 70th birthday in January - and then whilst I was looking (Angaga latest Maldives preference I think, but how do you choose?) I spotted Grenada for a similar price...has anyone been??

Any thoughts welcomed..

Thanks, Alison :daisy:

Grenada's wreck diving claim to fame rests with the Bianca C, a cruise ship that caught fire at the dock in 1961 and was towed to sea where she sank. I think she rests in about 180' but parts of it are within recreational limits.

If you google it, you'll get lot's of hits but here's one I book marked: Bianca C

The Bianca C is in 160 feet of water, but you can have a nice dive on it at approximately 100 ft, but to get a really good dive, plan for 120. There are other nice wrecks in Grenada. I enjoyed the Veronica and the King Mitch (saw about 8 Nurse Sharks).

Hello Alison,
Grenada probably can't beat Truck, but has a lot of great wrecks.
The Bianca C is easy diveable between 120 to 90 ft from stern to bow.
A couple of great wrecks are on the Atlantic side, King Mitch, Hema1, San Juan.
They are not always accessable due to sea conditions, but this is, where the big fish are. Not to miss are Shakem, Veronica and Buccaneer. A couple more recently sank ships also start to attract marine life. For more information you can visit:
Grenada Dive Sites "Wreck Diving", Scuba diving in Grenada with Aquanauts Grenada .
Grenada has also some beautiful resorts, if you want to give your mum a treat.
Suggestions are: True Blue, Spice Island Beach Resort, La Luna, Maca Bana,
depending what you are looking for. Any more questions, please ask.
Best regards, Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom