Wreck rediscovered in Kingston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and this is why Kingston diving sucks... also why people drive by Kingston not stopping to dive here. I look at brockville where the diving is good but not nearily as many wrecks or people and they have three dive shops. kingston has 1 full time not open all the time and part of a sports store. There is so much in fighting it is not even funny any more. What is needed is a strong leadership but there is none. Yes various interesting people do dive in the area. I am a little hesitatant about a new ship wreck in any of the grave yards in Kingston. That being said how many wrecks are out there that no one knows of. To be honest I think every store and charter operator has a wreck they keep private or do not publize about it and that is sad. My experience so far is everyone is at fault. From a business prospective if someting makes people talk about area wrecks and gets people here great. If there are wrecks that they want to dive outstanding. When I see that very few people are willing to be adult about ther conduct that is sad. There are people who love diving with NTD and that is great there is nothing wrong with it the charters are good but that goes for the Proteus and Limestone too. Everyone says they are tired of the BS then stop posting it and try not posting crap on the many different boards. Also try once in awhile to talk to someone in person rather then on here and try with an open mind looking from their perspective. It will be funny to see we are not all perfect and we have all done stuff to tick off others and sometimes you just have to say ok and move on that is what i suggest here. If the terra nova is sunk in the area, brockville, the amount of people coming to dive on it wil be huge and Kingston will be in a great position to capitalize on it if we as a community are willing and organized and not the crap that we are right now.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.....................:eyebrow: Sorry could not resist.
I had to look that up... and it put me in a funny frame of mind....leading to the ultimate conspiracy theory: since Ontario Diver website started as a schism from here in the SB Ontario forum, all this squabbling is an effort to drive people from here over to there....:eyebrow:

You read it on the internets, it must be word for word true.

Seriously though, you should be commended for all the effort in putting in the mooring ball.

Indeed. And I still think scubacandd's idea of having a War of 1812 anniversary diving festival in 2012 is a great idea.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

dear divers

i have deleted a number of off topic posts again because to an outsider (ie me), its turned into a psssing competition and this is not at all helpful to the local diving community

please review the original post and if you cannot contribute to the thread topic without name calling or trying to create trouble then once again i suggest you go diving instead

cheers

Missed all the fun as I was diving with the boys over at NTD 61 in the Lake 2 great dives, Davie and Marsh.

i love the moderators clarity and frankness of the situation how true she is
Really?
I, OTOH, think that it's skewed and biased.
Most of the posts that bash NTD and Tom are still up while all the posts on the other side, including the ones made by the OP are gone.

g'day divers,

i dont know who NTD and Tom or OP are but i tried to mod this thread from both sides - leaving some posts i would prefer deleted but they seem to be relevant to the opening post (ie, a rediscovered wreck that has had a mooring placed on it with gps details for all to dive)

on the other hand i know some have thought i have deleted too many posts but my aim was to simmer down a forum that could provide great information and support to local divers

if you feel that there is something blantly obvious that i have missed please let me know

cheers

Oren i just meant that I think it becomes to much of a pissing match here and that is what i agree with the moderator. I think it was a great thing what NTD did mooring the site and the video I would like to believe that every wreck would be public knowledge and accessable to all. As you know not eevery site is moored and in the past some sites havenot been moored properly. I do not know which post were taken down and I have to admitt i am curious but really the pissing match between people has gone on for to long which is a shame as i am sure you would agree.

Comet and Glendora with S2K today life is good. Sometimes it pays to be a hanger on. Back later with a dive report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom