Wreck Pen Hype Video on the CGC Ready, Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KodyWalley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Scuba Board,

I have heard what my friends and family think of the video and I wanted to share it with some fellow wreck divers! The Ready is coastguard ship, that is very very tight and usually very poor vis all which makes for exciting penetration...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2setct3yh0

My friends are developing a new media company and I wanted to help them produce a fun video to hype up the small but avid diving industry in Vancouver B.C.

If you haven't dove in B.C. you gotta come visit!

I would love to hear your questions and feedback, also if you have a wreck pen video you want to share I would like to check it out!

Kody

Interesting video. I've dove the Ready several times, but never tried to penetrate it, as it always seemed far too tight with my massive tanks. What sort of restrictions come up farther in, and did you make any attempt to try and make it down to the crew quarters or engine room?

Cheers,
RJW

Yo Ryan rofl :))))))))

The whole thing is a restriction but the tightest points I encountered was the stairwell I went down in the video, as well as a small chute looking thing with a ladder that appeared to go into a storage room ... I don't think I could fit in there with a BCD on ... next dive is going to take it up a level and no mount. I saw the crew quarters and engine room but did not go into either. One step at a time the wreck is a little intimidating on the inside.

Cool video. Any ideas how/why it sank?

There are some theories ... I am not really sure though to be honest ... it was moored on location for a long time and I believe it went quietly in the night but maybe someone can correct me. I heard the hatches etc were left open and it filled with rain water and flooded.

Back
Top Bottom