Wreck of the Argonaut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sorry for the extremely late post. There will be a group of us diving the wreck of the Argonaut in the St. Clair River tomorrow morning. If you are interested please shoot an email or head on over. We are meeting at the Marysville Municipal park in Marysville, MI around 9 am. We will be meeting in the lot across from the boat ramp. Look for a group of divers (obvious) or a black wrangler with a Third Coast Divers banner hanging across it. Hope to see a few more folks out there.

Bus

Would LOVE to be there but I have a prior engagement... let me know about the next time you go.. I want to see it!

Rich

Nice day out today. We had 7 divers and completed two dives. Viz on dive one was over 10 ft. Viz on dive 2 was under 10 ft. This was perfect since I had an aow student doing her low viz dive for her cert. Overall we had a blast. This is a great dive for folks who are new to the river. The current is not over powering and the wreck is shallow 5-20 ft. Also it is a great way to introduce drift diving to new divers. There were also lots of different fish (do not tell the fishermen).

Highlight of the experience was a visit from st. clair county sheriff's dept in between dives. I will let boneholder tell that story later on.

Bus

It wouldn't be a dive in the river without a little harassment by either the Sherrifs department or the Border Patrol.

It was a good couple of dives. It was nice to finally get back into the river. Did find a nice painted logo coke bottle on the second dive.

Will hopefully be diving the river again this next Saturday.

You just thought female cop was sexy. In a "hit er done" kind of way. I saw you eyeing her hot little life jacket. I saw how you quickly informed her that your name and number were easily accessible on your gear ("give me a call" was implied).

Back
Top Bottom