Wreck Exploraiton diving in the Gulf of Thailan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anybody interested in doing some wreck explroation in the Gulf of Thailand?

We are leaving the 20th of September and returning on the 23rd September 2002. Weather permitting.

First wreck is 100 meters long and about 75 meters deep. Possible a large freighter. As far as we know no one has dove this wreck before.

Second wreck is a drilling ship that was wiped out in 1991 by typhoon Gay. The only people I know who has dove this was the rescue team after the typhoon hit. The depth should be around 60-70 meters deep.

Divers must be full trimix qualified. Courses are available upon request.

Future trips will be run to a sunken city as 120-145 meters deep. I do have the GPS of a Budda temple, motel and school. I will have more info on this after are trip up there next week.

For those interested in please email me at andibk@loxinfo.co.th

Bruce

Bruce - this trip sounds amazing and a little scary for me. I'm not qualified to do these dives but had no idea there was a sunken city out there. Where exactly in the Gulf? Hope you get some takers for the trip.

Cheers

Keraluca,
The Sunken city is a few hours from Bangkok. We are going up there soon to check out the dive site. As far as the wrecks most of them are due south. Normally we meet the boat in SamaeSan to save 3 hours of sitting on the boat. We do offer trips for recreational divers also, there are 5 wrecks that I know of that are only 6 hours out of Pattaya. Normally we leave early in the morning dive 3 wrecks then back to Pattaya that same day. The wrecks are in 30 meters of water and perfect for nitrox or rebreather use. One of my favorite wrecks is the Navy patrol boat. Lot of large fish. Are shop offers almost everything from recreational diving through 100 meters trimix. Stop on by some time.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce... would love to stop by... errr... where are you located?? :confused:

Cheers

Keraluca,
We are located on 2nd road next to Big C. We are in the Weekender Hotel complex. IF you have have problems locating us you can reach me at 012992968. Look forward to meeting you.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom