Wreck Diving Training - Lake Michigan Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m looking to get some training for wreck diving in the Midwest. I live in South Bend, IN and am very close to Lake Michigan. I’m not looking for tech training on intense penetrations. I just want to get started so I can do some small penetrations when I’m diving in Lake Michigan. I’ve done training before at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio, but am looking for other options as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start wreck diver training around Lake Michigan?

I'm running a tech camp in Gilboa is May... weather cooperating... And talked with the guys at Dive Rite In about a collaboration in midsummer in Haigh Quarry. Not sure if that interests you.

Divers Lair in Valparaiso, IN is in your neck of the woods.

I'm running a tech camp in Gilboa is May... weather cooperating... And talked with the guys at Dive Rite In about a collaboration in midsummer in Haigh Quarry. Not sure if that interests you.

I may be interested in that. What are the dates?

As of now I'm not planning on going into a lot of tech diving, but I'd be interested in some of the basics to get started. Let me know if that would work with your camp and what you would recommend. Thanks.

I may be interested in that. What are the dates?

As of now I'm not planning on going into a lot of tech diving, but I'd be interested in some of the basics to get started. Let me know if that would work with your camp and what you would recommend. Thanks.

Certainly I believe you would get something useful out of the camp. The dates are currently set for May 20 through to the following Sunday... immediately after the TekDIVE USA conference in Miami. However, visit my website for updates because dates will be dictated by the weather and mid-May there may still be ice on the water! LOL. Bottomline is that for a workshop such as this to offer the maximum benefit to participants, long duration dives (at shallow depths but in excess of 90 minutes) are the most useful. In cold water, it becomes impractical to do several of these dips in a day.

Doppler Im interested in your camp as well but not quite ready for the tech leap $$$ if you know what I mean. What are the gear requirements? I dive dry with AL 80 and a 40 cf pony. Is that enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom