Wreck Diving / Metal Detecting in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simplediver247

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone doing any wreck diving in the Philippines outside from Subic Bay? I am looking for dive sites or divers that are in the Cagayan de Oro City area, Duca Bay, Medina, Cebu area? I also picked up a Garrett Sea Hunter II metal detector that I wanted to play with. Any and all information on sites would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Paul

Hello Simplediver

I like to ask if you dot your Garrett Sea Hunter II metal detector to philippines now and if you know anything regarding the regulations as I´m about to bring my Garrett infinium to phillippines and need to know if there are any problems in the custom and how to prepare for that!

I´m swedish and my wife is phillippina we also have our own lands where I plan on detecting and only 25 meters to the ocean in Camarines Sur.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Numinen

I had no problems shipping my gear from the U.S. to the Philippines and I shipped enough gear for 6 divers including tanks, cameras. etc. Just don't do something like tell people you are looking for Japanese gold, aside from people laughing at you the Philippine government might take interest in you. Be careful where you metal detect here, many people will be watching you since you most likely are light skin and very very few people have and use metal detectors here so many people will be curious. You could also get robbed. Funny people always comment to me when I mention the metal detector I have " what are you looking for Japanese Gold " I say no Tourist Gold.......Read a bit on metal detecting in the Philippines on the forums and be very careful, walk softly & carry a big stick if you know what I mean. I am in Cagayan de Oro City about 40 minutes from Jasaan / GreenWater Resort. Best to Ya. Let me know how do.

Anyone doing any wreck diving in the Philippines outside from Subic Bay? I am looking for dive sites or divers that are in the Cagayan de Oro City area, Duca Bay, Medina, Cebu area? I also picked up a Garrett Sea Hunter II metal detector that I wanted to play with. Any and all information on sites would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm in Cagayan de Oro City and I just want to ask where we could rent metal detectors? We just want to try it out in our piece of land.

Thanks,

Zhack

Hi Zhack, I don't know anyone here in the Philippines with a metal detector / underwater detector. They are quite expensive and don't know anyone that rents them. Are you a scuba diver? If so what dive shop do you visit?

Best Wishes,
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom