Trip Report Wreck Diving in Gulen, Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My prize selection for winning the UPY 2023 contest in the Wreck category was a trip to Gulen, Norway to dive with Gulen Dive Resort.

I recently spent from Aug 21 – Sept 1 diving (mainly) wrecks with the team at Gulen Dive Resort. We had some unseasonably bad weather (worst weather recorded in 100+ years) but we made the best of it and I had a fantastic trip and had some time to spend exploring the local area. I’ll go through travel logistics, a summary of the wrecks (I will write detailed reports for each of them), and then some useful information for other travelers along with some “pro tips” for anybody who travels there.

It is probably my most extensive trip report yet and I hope it (a) spurs some further interest in the diving in Gulen and (b) is a guide for anybody who decides to go. I will also be publishing posts for each of the amazing wrecks I dove and posting full photogrammetry models for two of them.

Here is a link to the Trip Report:

Regards,

- brett

I just published the post on the KNM Uller which is a very cool minelayer. I built and published on Sketchfab a detailed photogrammetry model as well. The history of the vessel, the location of the wreck along with photos and links the on-line model are at:

Here is one of the screen captures of the model:

uller-model-1-out.JPG

The most obvious features of the wreck are the large cannon up front, the multiple mines on the bow, the twin props in the stern, and the large explosion area in the port stern area.

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom