WPB Rpt Mar 29 -That's a Wrap...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Jumped into a small weather opening today with calm seas, cuz the next two days are five to seven footers. This closes out a nice FLA lobster season til August. It's been a good season, I limited out every trip except for 2 and the freezer is ready for summer BBQ's with golden lobster tails on the grill and lionfish ceviche for appetizers.

Time to fix, replace, & renew my beatup gear, with hydros, valves, suits, gloves, & Orings,,, from just destroying it this season.

Underwater today was 76 degrees 80 ft of VIs & 2 knot current. Didn't limit today, shelves were bare. The U/W grocery store is closed until May 1st when grouper, hog, & others open back up.

PS....If you want to go diving the last Wednesday of July for mini-season better make that reservation yesterday. 5 of the most popular boats in Jupiter/WPB are already sold out for their morning trips. It's only March and I can't remember this every happening this early. Going to the Key's for it? Hope you have a ton of BitCoin because it's wild what people are going to pay & with minimum day stays required.

20220329_084105.jpg

Jumped into a small weather opening today with calm seas, cuz the next two days are five to seven footers..

Saw this thread. My Spring Break dive day got blown out . . . again. (That's 4 out of 5 years of trying blown out now -- at least we made it out last year.) I guess if the lobster people didn't go out on the last day of lobster season, it must have been pretty bad out there.

Saw this thread. My Spring Break dive day got blown out . . . again. (That's 4 out of 5 years of trying blown out now -- at least we made it out last year.) I guess if the lobster people didn't go out on the last day of lobster season, it must have been pretty bad out there.
Spring break season is a notoriously tricky time to dive in SE Florida. It was nasty last Thursday but Saturday morning and Sunday were nice. Just have to pick you days this time of year.

I've had bad luck with boat dives north of the Caribbean. I would roughly guess 80% blown out. (Keys, Florida East Coast, Great Lakes.) Of course, that's usually pre-planned vacation, so not a lot of flexibility in available days.

I keep saying I'll get to the Jupiter\WPB area in the summer sometime for a full week of diving. Hopefully someday.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom