Would you like to dive the Torres Straits and Quetta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi guys, i'm taking the Tropic Pearl on a month dive trip to the Torres Straits this month, the Quetta features in this. Unfortunately, a diver has had to cancel so I have one place available for an EXPERIENCED diver, age is no barrier if you still have what it takes. All you need to do is share the fuel and food costs. I can be reached on o4o8738739

Attachments

• IMG20210912102114~2.jpg
    IMG20210912102114~2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 53
No offense but that looks like the water-borne version of a 70's van with bubble windows and a mural of Conan painted on the sides.

Hats off to you, brother if you spend a month out to sea on that.

No offense but that looks like the water-borne version of a 70's van with bubble windows and a mural of Conan painted on the sides.

Hats off to you, brother if you spend a month out to sea on that.
Mate, shes 40ft, wirh a 12ft beam and draws only 4ft of water, shes comfortable and economical and does an easy 7.5kts, at 8lts hour. I have a pearling license and as such she is fitted out as a dive boat, I've made countless trips to the Torres Straits, in any case it's only 560 nautical miles from Cairns. She's a good sea boat. The photo I posted does not do her justice. My last boat was a bit bigger at 65ft but used 40lt per hour, at 7.5kts (a displacement boat). There are many disadvantages to a modern "fantastic plastic" boat unless you have buckets of money, anyway see www.salvagepirate.com

Attachments

• IMG20201109103116.jpg
    IMG20201109103116.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 46
Much better angle. I still think you should go with a Conan mural.

That sounds like an epic trip. And something I would take you up on if I lived on that side of the earth. Safe journeys.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas! If only I didn't have to work and lived in Oz!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom