Would you buy a used Atomic B2 for $430 that seller has proof of purchase new for from a year ago and only dove 3 times, or buy a Deep 6 signature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a service kit for my mk10 and love messing with regs. I would like to learn to service it on my own and actually plan to go ask my lds if I can train to learn to be a service tech.

Do you know how much deep 6 servicing is after the first free one? Do I need to save the parts kit they send me and send it in with it to have the free service?
@LandonL will have to answer about the cost.

So since you are a DIYer, I'd recommend doing a remote course with Landon/Deep 6.

Your LDS won't train you to service regs unless you are an employee. To get more SP service kits, you will need an angle to get them, as you won't get them directly from SP (or most manufacturers). Given your statements, getting your regs, service kits, and regulator servicing training all from the same company makes the most sense.

I own quite a few b2 sets and personally I think $430 is too much used.

My next reg purchase would be a reg set that is easy to get parts and service myself. So I would get a deep6 out of those choices.

I own quite a few b2 sets and personally I think $430 is too much used.

My next reg purchase would be a reg set that is easy to get parts and service myself. So I would get a deep6 out of those choices.
Thank you for this I’ll be going with the deep 6

Can I use the signature series din on any high pressure steel tank?
Yes, you can mix and match first & second stages if you wish.

Can I use the signature series din on any high pressure steel tank?
Yes, its a 300 BAR DIN fitting, you can use it on any DIN tank... and any Yoke tank with an adapter :wink:

Back
Top Bottom