Would that work? [Fuji e900 + Nikon SB600 Flash]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mystic

Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon ! :)

I am looking for a way to get a nice U/W-strobe at lowest possible price

I already own a SB-600 Nikon speedlight

.. and I read that this flash has the capability of firing in slave mode when "seeing" another flash go off (I've never used that option so I don't know much about how it works)

Fantasea produce a housing (which is 240$) and I guess that any generic optical cable should be used to make sure that the built-in sensor of the SB-600 "sees" the camera's flash.

Ok, so the setup in mind looks like this:
Camera: Fuji e900
Housing: Ikelite 6154.90

Tray/Handle: DIY
Arm: Fantasea Flex Light Arm

Flash/Strobe: Nikon SB-600
Housing: Fantasea FSB800

Link between camera & strobe: Pixtreme Fiber Optic Sync Cable

Would that setup work at all?!

What kind of result (if any) could I expect!?

I know that I wont be able to use iTTL or TTL metering for the flash.. what would I need to do to get a correctly exposed picture? trial and error in manual mode for each shot?

Am I forgeting crucial things here?

any help or insight would be appreciated!

many thanks in advance!

dominic

setupmh4.jpg

I doubt it.

One the Fantasea Housing is for the SB800 not the 600. Two it needs a hardwired sync cord to fire, or an IR connection through a optical slave cord.

Jack

Jack,

I read that Scuba Diving magazine and the June issue there was an article about tips for using strobe with point and shoot. Maybe it's written by someone on the board? Anyway, there were two strobes mentioned for dc, Sea & Sea Ys027DX and SeaLife Digital Flash. Besides, if Mystic use the Heinrich Sweik Amp, there should be a wide sections for the other non-digital camera specific strobes, is that right?

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

- alo100

Back
Top Bottom