Would appreciate info on sea conditions- WPB vs Marathon area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shmuggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for information about whether the seas are less high in late June-July and if conditions are generally the same between West Palm Beach or Marathon.

I would like to avoid those 3-4" waves if I can and would like to go after the post-covid closure rush but before lobster season.

Any advice about this- other than stay at home- is welcome.

It can vary greatly depending on weather but there are usually decent conditions that time of year in both places. For instance right now in West Palm Beach it is 3-5 feet and forecast to go to 6-8 on Thursday and then lay down to 2-4 by Saturday or the forecast could be completely wrong and it could be flat by Thursday. It is unlikely that the forecast would be that wrong but I have seen it happen before. The end of June beginning of July is usually a good time to go diving and we usually have very good conditions at that time. One thing that you can do is be flexible, sometimes the conditions are good in one area and not the other. I live in Jupiter but have had to drive an hour South because the conditions were just enough better that the boat was able to go out there and not where I am. I have also gone to the Keys for a few days of diving and the seas were to rough to go diving for 5 days and the day after I left it was absolutely flat despite the forecast saying that we were not going to be able to dive. Also remember in Florida, just because it is raining where you are does not mean it will be where you are going. Many times it is pouring rain on land while it is sunny at the coast and offshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom