Worthington LP95, rust on threads!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr:
tanks cant be shipped any hoo with gas in them any psi ,
and vis stickers sent with a empty tank from a e-mail tank dealer are worth squatt at Brad

Nope, you can ship a scuba tank with air in it. To get it with non hazmat you must have 40 psi or less, if you accept hazmat then you can ship it with more air.

It's a common misinformation that cylinders can't be shipped with air, but if a person cares to pay the money you can ship them that way, and in fact many online scuba shops have opted to ship hazmat and will ship your cylinder with air in it and thus no need for a vis.

This is verified information by the way.

moneysavr:
tanks cant be shipped any hoo with gas in them any psi ,
and vis stickers sent with a empty tank from a e-mail tank dealer are worth squatt at any good LDS as any PSI Insp will not fill any tank without PSI in them!

Start with shipping regulations for compressed gas cylinders. I've purchased several that were delivered ground freight with nominal pressure (~25 psi).

The VIP and O2-cleaned stickers that came with my online-purchase tanks have been honored everywhere I've taken them for fills, too...

Cyber-advice is worth what you pay for it...

That's what I read that a tank could be shipped with a small amount of air. I had the tanks inspected and they passed so I guess, lesson learned on saving money with an on-line retailer on tanks.

Often the online retailer will beat the price, but by the time you get a vis and all the prices are similar. Even from those online shops that ship it with air and attach a vis sticker to the tank you'll find some lds's will still require a vis because they didn't sell it.

Not right but happens. The other thing is that many lds's will offer perks when you buy tanks such as free air for life. I buy tanks locally due to that one and others may give you x amount of fills. Both of which will make you come out ahead in the end.

For example I had 2 al80's I bought at the lds, dove them for a year and decided to switch to steel and sold my al80's. I come out way ahead on the deal because I dove them enough to pay for the tanks on the air I used alone, then I sold and got cash in return so it was like I was paid to dive.

The only thing I would have done if I bought online is to buy from one that shipped it with air pressure, WHICH IS OK!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom