Worth servicing/keeping? MK10/D350/G250 setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kodo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I still have my original setup (MK10/D350/G250) from early 90's- for various reasons I haven't been able to part with it. I remember it was an extraordinary setup and I used it in Indonesia in 2012. However, I've used another reg for most of my dives lately *but* because of my experience with the SP-setup I've been thinking about servicing it and start to use it as my primary setup again.

Before I start to do anything I'd like to ask on this forum if this is a wise choice *or* if I should pass the SP reg on as a "collectors item"...

Any comments, suggestions are very welcome...

Cheers

Last edited:
The MK10 and G250 are definitely worth srvicing and using. There are plenty of "collectors" on the site who would gladly take them if you choose to pass them on... :)

In the hands of a competent tech (need to find "an old guy"), that D350 is simply awesome!!!! All the components of that set you have are quite adequate to dive, and in fact, upper level.

Hi!

I still have my original setup (MK10/D350/G250) from early 90's- for various reasons I haven't been able to part with it. I remember it was an extraordinary setup and I used it in Indonesia in 2012. However, I've used another reg for most of my dives lately
Cheers

What have you been using? It couldn't really be better performing than the MK10/D350, assuming the latter was tuned correctly.

As the others have mentioned, it is worth keeping. Even by modern standards it is considered a good performer. The weak part of the rig is the D350. While it is a great regulator, the difficulty will be finding a tech that can service it correctly. My understanding is Scubapro training no longer covers this regulator and hasn't for some time. So as another mentioned you need to find an older tech with experience in this regulator. You don't want someone learning on your regulator.

Hi!

First of all I want to say "thank you!" for your encuraging words. I've found an experienced technician who have been serving SP stuff since mid 80's so I decided to service and keep it:)

Again, many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom