Worth heading to cozumel from playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plan on using up almost the entire day if diving on Coz and staying in Playa. My wife and I tried this last Monday, we got up at 7AM, taxi to ferry for 8am departure. Ferry terminal lined up to the top of the hill. We were not sure there would even be enough room on the ferry, absolutely packed. Finally on our way sitting in the bottom of the ferry and I mean the bottom level not the main deck. Arrive in Coz depending on who you are diving with ,they are not supposed to pick you up at the ferry terminal,so you will have to take another cab to the caletta or pier where your dive operator is. 2 wonderful dives later, take a cab back to the ferry in the pouring rain arrive at 2:15 missing the ferry by 15 minutes. The next ferry does not leave until 4PM, walk in the pouring rain to a nice restaurant down the street have some soup and a couple of cervesas. Arrive back at hotel in Playa around 5:30PM totally spent. All in all some nice diving but after spending 7 days on the island last year diving everyday,If I had to do it again I would dive on the mainland. Just my 2cents

Kelly

A friend of mine and his wife will be Playa two weeks from now.....Playa had the only accomodations his wife wanted(a real high maintaince girl)and he will be commuting to Coz at least 3 times to dive in their 1 week vacation.

They have never been to Playa or Coz before!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom