Worse Mask I Have EVER Seen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarrierMech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I bought a Sea Vision mask for my wife about two yearsand she literally never worn it because she already had a mask she liked. A friend of mine started diving at the localaquarium and needed a new mask so I gave her the Sea Vision. Most of us can be hell on masks, especiallythose of us that crew on boats, however, in the aquarium, it is extremelystructured and no contact with anything is ever made to include gearing up andungearing due to all of the accountability required at the tanks (they gear upabove the tanks just before they get in). With this said, the mask is still in new condition without the expectedamount of normal scuffs and scratches we get from rec diving (Not saying it hasnone, but pretty close). This should mean that the mask is in perfect working order. NOPE! The mask has places in theframe where the outer frame snaps closed onto the inner frame containing thelenses. The damage on this is unlike any I have ever seen on a mask. It looks like what would happen if someoneripped the frame opened and broke the hell out of it. It almost looks like the pressure on accent blew the lenses out. How my friend never feltanything that would be as extreme as this would take is beyond me, but she said she didn’t. The main tank she dives this in is 20 FSW so it’s possible, but unlikely. Naturally, I thought that SeaVision would want to know about something like this and hopefully want to make it right but I was absolutely wrong. I called Sea Vision and spoke to a guy named John. He was an absolute douche who didn’t care at all about what I was saying to him. All he cared about was that the 1 year warranty was expired and we could just gobuy another POS mask for $85. He alsosaid it must have been a tank hitting the mask to cause the damage. Like I said, the mask doesn’t have scuffs anddings in it and if it was a tank that hit her and caused this damage, it wouldhave knocked her out. I will add thepics later today, but I just got off the phone with John and felt the need toput his out there now. I assure you thatI will NEVER buy another Sea Vision mask again and will encourage the same toall of my dive buddies. Even if John hadno intention of doing anything, he could have at least acted like he cared.

Here are the pics....

20151103_162202.jpg20151103_162312.jpg20151103_162236.jpg20151103_162302.jpg20151103_162217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom