Worried!! Dcs or not? Feel tingles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoingScuba

Registered
Reaction score
I went diving over the weekend.

Dive profile was

Sat.
dive 1 92 feet
dive 2 80
dive 3 77

Sun

dive 1 77 feet
dive 2 65
dive 3 70

On my first dive Sunday as soon as I went down my knife came off my leg. I was trying to fix it and didnt hear my computer alarm me until after I ascent rapidly 20 feet backup. I had new scuba ear plugs. Also was diving on 5 hours sleep. I caught myself and decided to dive back down and finish teh dive. Felt fine throught the day. Later that night I had a slight tingle in my left tricep that lasted seconds and went away. Never felt it again.

Monday I drove 6 hours home and felt nothing unusual. Tuesday I started to feel tingles all over that was on and off throughout the day. Called DAN and said it was unlikely DCS b/c it was 36 hours laterso didnt go to he chamber. Wednesday it happened again but a little worst so I called DAN again and went to the dive doctor whoe treated me with a table 6. After treatment I felt fine with maybe a little tingle but I usually have tingles in my arm but not much that worries me. Thursday I felt fine. I might have had some slight tingle but nothing that out of the norm. Friday/today I have been feeling tingle all over and some mild chest pain on / off. I also do not feel I can focus. I am worried what could be damaged.

I called DAN and they said it is common for recurring symptoms to happen. I also called the dive doctor and he is calling me back and he said he is not sure what it is.

My concern is I havent dove since Sunday, went thourgh chamber ride on wednesday and have tingles and pins /needles on and off in my arms and legs. mosltly arms/hands

Any experiences out there that can help me go through this? Thanks

---------- Post added ----------

doc just called back and said he will do 3 more chamber treatments to 2 ATM pressure for 1.5 hours.

You have done the right thing in calling DAN and getting with a doctor. What you are describing would be extremely unusual for DCS, but no one has this science down exactly.

I agree completely with John.
Scarey stuff GS. But you've done everything by the numbers.

I will say Dan medical said. If it was dcs I may have tissue damage that needs to be rebuilt. I do feel better after lying down and resting.

I am curious about the surface intervals between dives. I think you are doing everything right, wish you the best. Did you get to see any cool movies while in the chamber?

Hi GoingScuba,

Just looking at what you've posted, it's very unlikely that this was DCS. Three more chamber treatments won't hurt you but, again judging only by what you've posted, they're unlikely to help either. You may just be having a mild panic reaction but if the symptoms persist, especially the chest pain, you'll need to be evaluated by a physician.

Best regards,
DDM

Thanks for the replies. Chest pains were very minor and have passed. That could have been related to my anxiety of what this is. today i still feel some tingle but I will be cutting the grass. :)

I am not sure what this is. I also decided to pass on the extra treatments and see a neurologist. Maybe I have a pinch nerve in my back. I tend to over extend my back muscle(tyring to stretch) alot and I was told that is not good.

SI was about 1 hour and 1.5 hour between dives

Back
Top Bottom