World-wide Gear Brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be traveling to Asia, Middle East, South Pacific regularly over next 3 years to dive, often to very remote areas.

Any opinions on brands of reg/octo and BCDs that would be easily serviced worldwide? Scubapro vs Cressi?

Other suggestions?

if you mean the largest dealer networks the order is aqualung/apeks, scubapro, then mares

but in remote areas, it is better to bring spares yourself imo

Aqualung/Apeks IMO - or Scubapro. Cressi's not great in Asia.

I wouldn't worry too much about BC service - just get one from one of the two brands with a standard inflator which you can change yourself in 2 mins if it goes bad.

Anything like the I3 systems from Aqualung or the Hydros from Scubapro will require their dealer for support.

I'll be traveling to Asia, Middle East, South Pacific regularly over next 3 years to dive, often to very remote areas.

Any opinions on brands of reg/octo and BCDs that would be easily serviced worldwide? Scubapro vs Cressi?

Other suggestions?

Zippy...

There are no geographical restrictions on any brands...

You need to contact all your destination dive operators and confirm with them which brands they support and can provide service for...the more isolated you are...the less success you're going to have...

Sounds to me that for what you intend on doing...you need to invest in some gear servicing courses...become self reliant...and look after your own needs...

Take service kits with you...tools...spares...and even complete back-up sets...

Isolation is isolation...if there's nothing there where you're diving...it doesn't matter what brand(s) you're using...

It also sounds to me that even more important than gear brands...is to file some ''location/return plans''...so that people know where you are...and what your planned return dates and times back to civilization are...

Nothing to be gained in someone finding a skeleton ten years from now wearing a perfectly good set of regulators...and BCD...

You're not in Kansas anymore...there are still lots of places left on the planet...where one can disappear like they were never there...

Dive Safe...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom