World Oceans Day Dive with Roddenberrry Dive Team!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This year's World Ocean's Day dive with the RDT will be on June 5th!
See details below or click on the following LINK Roddenberry Dive Team World Oceans Day 2010 trip:

"Gull Island"

RDT - World Oceans Day Dive 2010
Saturday June 5th, 2010 - “Peace” Boat Departs @ 4:00am (Ventura, CA.)

Join the RODDENBERRY DIVE TEAM for it’s annual “World Ocean’s Day” Peace Dive! Our 3/4-day dive will begin aboard the “Peace” dive boat out of Ventura Harbor, California. Boarding will begin at 8pm on the previous evening (6/4/10) with a departure time of 4am (6/5/10) for the beautiful “Gull Island” located on the west end of Santa Cruz Island. This is the newest of the Marine Protected Areas and has shown a tremendous resurgence of life.

The “Peace” comfortably sleeps 30 with 16 single bunks and 6 doubles. Bunks will be available on a first come, first serve basis and we ask that individuals leave the double-bunks for those of us who might want to snuggle up with another passenger (preferably one we came onboard with). A delicious breakfast and lunch are included with snacks available throughout the day! If you have any special dietary requests, please contact the “Peace Dive Center” and let them know. This dive trip includes 3-4 dives (time-dependent) and air-fills. NitroxIS available but you must show a valid Nitrox certification card. The "Peace" dive boat will return to dock at approximately 6:00pm (6/5/10).

IMPORTANT NOTES:
• In order to dive you will need to bring ALL you own scuba gear including Tanks and Weights. However, gear can be rented through the“Peace Dive Center” but you must call in advance to reserve your equipment (Contact Info Below).
• Water Temperatures for the San Miguel can range from 55 to 60 degrees. Please pack appropriate scuba gear.

TRIP REQUIREMENTS:
• All diving participants must be certified through a recognize Scuba Diving Agency.
• All those attending must Download, Fill-Out and Send in a RDT Liability Release Wavier prior to arriving at boat. Please CLICK HERE to download the Roddenberry Dive Team Liability Release. Once complete, please either fax or email to to the address below.

Ticket Price: RDT Members $130.00, Non-Members $160.00
Spaces are limited so reserve your space today! Non-Divers and Snorkelers are Welcome (Full Price Applies)!

As of this morning (27 May) there were still SIX (6) spots available on this trip! :confused:

How can anyone pass up this amazing opportunity?!

Arrive at the boat after 8pm on the 4th, the boat departs at 4am on the 5th and returns to the dock by 6pm on the 5th. Amazing diving in between with Dr. Bill!

Don't let the opportunity pass you by! Sign up now before it's too late!

This trip promises to be extremely memorable!

World Oceans Day dive on board Peace Dive boat

Gulp, I hope I didn't scare anyone off...

Ok folks - here we are - just a couple of days before the event - I saw Rod this evening and he tells me there are STILL spots open on this trip - Have I mentioned this trip is onboard the Peace dive boat out of Ventura? What a tricked out boat! :shocked2:

Check out the amenities:

65 Foot Long - 22 Foot Beam
Captains & Crew are Certified Divemasters
Sleeps 32 in Single & Double Bunks
Privacy Curtains & Lights - Pillows & Blankets
2 Heads with Showers - Outdoor Fresh Water Shower
Huge Galley :D

Color TV & VCR - Camera Table
Sun Deck
2 x 18CFM Compressors (Air and Nitrox) :D - 3500 PSI fills
12 Foot Inflatable Chase Boat - Clothes Dryer
Live Game Tank
and the Famous Hot Tub

You really don't want to let this trip slip by and later wonder why you did that - really, take the plunge - literally! - What an amazing opportunity to dive a location that is rarely visited - the life and aquaculture are going to be second to none!

RDT World Oceans Day Peace dive

Great times with the RDT and Peace dive boat - I have to say the Peace crew took awesome care of us - from the amazing food to the hot tub - couldn't have asked for more (well, maybe a little warmer water :wink: ) - Great meeting TC - the miscreant moderator :D

Dr. Bill was great to see :) - he was also very helpful for identifying some nudibranchs I had never seen before :D

Hope to see everyone at the next event! Comic-Con dive on 22 July at La Jolla Shores!

:D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom