working out and getting dcs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know that this subject is probably mentioned again and again, but I have to ask it any ways.

I am a workout nut. I workout just about everyday of the week, if I don't I actully go through with drawls. Sometimes I'll knock my workout week down to five workouts per week.

My question is if my body is so used to working out, would I still be at a risk of getting dcs if I worked out a couple of hours before I dove, even if it was a considerably lessor workout in intensity than normal?

I also consider diving a part of my fitness plan. Even though it is not as intense as swimming a couple of hours or whatever, it is very relaxing for both the physical and mental part of me.

I've read a bit about exercise and diving. From what I get is that the big concern about how a person gets dcs is because they get dehydrated. When I exercise I do make sure that I drink plenty of water and or gater aide.:crafty:

I don't think working out BEFORE a dive is as contributory as working out AFTER a dive. Exertion after a dive has been noted as something to avoid, but have heard nothing of working out before a dive as being a problem - esp if you're well hydrated after your workout :)

STOGEY:
I know that this subject is probably mentioned again and again, but I have to ask it any ways.

I am a workout nut. I workout just about everyday of the week, if I don't I actully go through with drawls. Sometimes I'll knock my workout week down to five workouts per week.

My question is if my body is so used to working out, would I still be at a risk of getting dcs if I worked out a couple of hours before I dove, even if it was a considerably lessor workout in intensity than normal?

I also consider diving a part of my fitness plan. Even though it is not as intense as swimming a couple of hours or whatever, it is very relaxing for both the physical and mental part of me.

I've read a bit about exercise and diving. From what I get is that the big concern about how a person gets dcs is because they get dehydrated. When I exercise I do make sure that I drink plenty of water and or gater aide.:crafty:

The concerns extend well beyond dehydration. You may wish to read the following for an indepth treatment of the issues--->

Exercise Before, During, and After Diving

http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/articles/Exercise200403.shtml

Best regards,

DocVikingo

To Doc Vingko and everyone who answered this,

Thanks the information in the article is very useful. I enjoy diving and staying in shape, but I like to do it safely as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom