Wooohoooo! Finally got signed up at NWSD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigFame

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Taken a lot longer than I had hoped due to scheduling issues with my friends and all. I am very excited though to get in the water, and wanted to thank you all for your help and patience with my silly questions all along. Now at least I have my book and stuff to read to keep me busy until I can get in the pool. YEAH!!!!!

Congratulations! Keep us posted as your class goes on. You've done a good job of getting ready, by playing with your basic gear in the water, so you should have a lot of fun.

Looking forward to seeing you out diving!

thanks went snorkeling around the edmonds oil dock today, was fun. Saw some really cool HUGE purple star fish, and some crabs, somethings that looked like huge snails and some urchins. Two divers were coming in as we were going out and they warned that the currents were the strongest they had seen out there. it was a LOT of work trying not to wash away. That and working so hard to get myself under water and all with wetsuit etc. really tuckered me out. Spent two hours in and I was ZAPPED afterward, swallowed way too much seawater too, most of which came back up with breakfast. Was a lot of fun, very tiring, and thank god for a subway up the road got a sandwich and some milk and felt much better.

Last edited:
The Edmonds Oil Dock is a notorious place for strong currents! One of the things you'll need to learn as a new diver in our waters is how to read tide and current tables, and plan your dives for safe conditions. Get your instructor to talk about it, or if you don't get enough information, there are several instructors locally who teach specific tide and current classes. I believe we're trying to set up a workshop through one of the NWUE members to get into that, too.

Thanks TSandM, was in NWSD getting the last of my trio outfitted and they had some very nice things to say about you (as of course do I). I am on the NWUE e-mail list (or at least get a digest of posts) and wonder would I be welcome to attend a workshop like that as a novice OR even an uncertified diver if it were to happen before I am done? I could promise no dumb questions.

Oh, you'd be completely welcome at a tides and currents workshop. You don't have to be a diver to learn to understand tide/current tables, and how to adjust for various sites. And haven't you heard that there are no dumb questions?

In fact I had, my dad used to say it all the time....

"Hey dummy, don't roll your eyes at me like I asked you a dumb question, theres no such thing, BUUUUURP!"

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom