Woohoo shark week! Anyone else watching?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But of course!:)

Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces.

Bits & pieces. On a realted note I found a 20th (or 25th) anniversery DVD set for sharkweek (I didn't even know discovery channel was that old). I bought it, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet...

Bryan

Yep, I was really excited about the piece on the Indianapolis last night. I thought it was well done.

We have the official memorial in downtown Indianapolis, My dad and I went up to see it when it was first opened, it's really beautiful and quite moving. If anyone ever gets a chance they should go see it!

I watched it and being former Navy it was rather chilling to think of how those poor men suffereed. Of course my wife (non-diver and "never will cause of sharks") made a point of letting me know I was headed into being shark bait which begs the question: Is ther any data out there that shows the number of shark attacks on divers? I know it must be rarer then sitting on a surf board looking like a seal but I would like to have some data to give back to the wife.

Watching again tonight.....

I'm supposed to be diving tomorrow. Geeesh it's gonna be hard to get in the water.:11doh:

They don't call me 'nancy' for nothin'!:mooner: :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom