Woohoo!Scubaboard's back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JayJudge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Great to see its back up! I think I'll repost our trip to Morehead, for those that didn't see it.
Well, Trailer Trash Scuba ran a trip to Morehead June 29, 30, and July 1. Onboard the good ship Mutiny. The weather was a little dicey on Friday, so we stayed inshore diving the W.E. Hutton, and the Titan. For those that don't know, the Hutton was a tanker that met its fate via torpedo. Then it was blasted and dragged. There is still a good amount a relief, vis was 40-50 easy, so navigating was not a problem. Capt Jim Smith and Capt Al Vogt got us on the wreck first try, every day. Three of our group hadn't seen a shark before, so they had a blast. Off the Titan, on the starboard side by the pipes, was a huge Sand Tiger, 12-14 ft or so. It was the largest I'd seen at least.
The next day the chop was up, with 3-5 ft, but we made the run to the Aeolus, tied in on the bow. All but two of us made the first dive, one had sinus issues, the other seasickness (and for once, it wasn't me!-I changed my diet and switched to Bonine). Vis was 80-100, temps 78 or 79. Most of us agreed, some of the best vis on her. Cuda were hanging on the line, being their nosy selves. I had never noticed before, but on of them hovered up. I honestly had never seen that before, just straight up. Second dive both the divers got in, but I left my buddy behind 'cause of her sinuses. Had another awesome dive, though vis had gone down a bit.
The third day was flat, and the original plan was the Papoose or whatever it actually is, but some of our group had to drive home that night. So instead, it consisted of 2 dives on the Caribsea. It should have been renamed shark alley. While swimming past a chunk of the upright hull, I almost ran smack into a sandtiger. Most of the boat found good teeth, Glen actually found one that still had pink on it.
Everyone in our group really enjoyed the trip, the crew, and the dives. We got to meet Laurel Divers, a great group of people, out of PA. We also met Joe Gay, and his daughter (she did her first ocean dives, came up grinning ear to ear). Our thanks to Al, Jim, and Will for an awesome time!
-Jay

Attachments

• TTScubaMutiny.jpg
    TTScubaMutiny.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 47
great to have the board up again. Would one of the admins check under the couch for the forum backups :wink:

great to have the board up again. Would one of the admins check under the couch for the forum backups :wink:

Back
Top Bottom