WooHoo! Booked Trip to Sipidan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Yay! I've just booked my trip to Mabul/Sipidan staying at SMART.:monkeydan :jump: :bounce: :jump: :bounce: :yelclap: :multi: :yl2jump: :wave-smil

As you can tell I'm a little excited. I don't know how I'm going to wait until December!

Now just to start one of those annoying countdown clocks!

Mel :)

Hey,

Try to cheer up, Mel! :wink:

Congrats! Sometimes I think half the fun of a dive trip is in the anticipation that's always there just below the surface of daily life.

I'm about 30 days ahead of you and just as excited!

Regards,

Hey Peter,

I see you're off to the Solomons - you'll love it! I went to Tulagi last year and had an amazing dive. Not sure about your itinery, but see if you can do Twin Tunnels - The reef starts at 15 - 20m and there is a drop of to 60-70m and you can hang out on the edge of the reef and watch the sharks cruise by. What makes this dive so magical though, is there are two lava tunnels (hence the name twin tunnels) that descend down through to 40m on the edge of the wall. Try to be first down as there are sharks hanging out on the ledge where you exit the tunnel. After spending a few minutes there, you gradually make your way back up the wall. Truly a spectacular dive!

Mel

Mel.B:
Hey Peter,

I see you're off to the Solomons - you'll love it! I went to Tulagi last year and had an amazing dive. Not sure about your itinery, but see if you can do Twin Tunnels -
Mel

Thanks for the tip, Mel! Sounds great. I'll definitely put in a request.

Regards,

Congrats Mel!!!

We'll be there right after you... :frown:

Countdowns ARE bittersweet!

J.

jedah:
Congrats Mel!!!

We'll be there right after you... :frown:

Countdowns ARE bittersweet!

J.

I'll be on Mabul in 32 days!!!!! Seems like years!
Susie

My trip has just been brought forward by about 3 weeks! Yay, less time to wait! By leaving three weeks earlier, I was able to get an airfare that was almost $700 cheaper, which has paid for half the trip. Can't argue with that :)

Only 32 days Susie...I bet you are getting antsy now! I hope you have a ball.

Mel

Mel.B:
My trip has just been brought forward by about 3 weeks! Yay, less time to wait! By leaving three weeks earlier, I was able to get an airfare that was almost $700 cheaper, which has paid for half the trip. Can't argue with that :)

Only 32 days Susie...I bet you are getting antsy now! I hope you have a ball.

Mel

Mel
Good job on the cheaper airfare. That's saving a bundle that you could use on nitrox or at the bar :)

I love planning a trip and doing all the research and checking the Boards et all BUT....
the closer it gets the more impatient I get. Work seems to get harder, the weather gets nastier and in general, little everyday life activites become extremely annoying!
I guess that's what makes VACATION that much sweeter!
How do you guys do that countdown box you have in your posting? I need one ofr those over my bed!! :)
Susie

Hi Susie,

To set up a countdown clock, go into the user control panel and set it up there. You need to set the theme (I think that's what its called) to scubaboard portal theme so you can see the countdown clock. I wanted a countdown clock to be on my desktop at all times, but settled for writing the days on the calender...all 210 of them!

Mel

Mel.B:
Hi Susie,

To set up a countdown clock, go into the user control panel and set it up there. You need to set the theme (I think that's what its called) to scubaboard portal theme so you can see the countdown clock. I wanted a countdown clock to be on my desktop at all times, but settled for writing the days on the calender...all 210 of them!

Mel

Hey thanks for the info. We will see if I can do it!
Susie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom