wondering about side-mount instruction in SE Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelagic_by_nature

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a couple of dive buddies that are tech divers and they are trying to get me to head in the direction of diving doubles, But I gotta tell you, just watching those guys lug their double steels around makes my back hurt. I do like the idea of redundant first stages, and I also like the idea of only having to carry one tank at a time. I'm wondering if there's anybody in southeast Michigan that teaches side-mount (hence the name of the thread). :idk:

I know of a couple of instructors, Including Steve Lewis who have tried to get an intro to side mount class locally, but not enough interest. I would like to see how it works. I may go south to learn a little more about it and become an instructor myself but I dont know of anyone who is seriously into it in Michigan.

PM Cam G he is a side mount diver and hooked for life!

I know of a couple of instructors, Including Steve Lewis who have tried to get an intro to side mount class locally, but not enough interest. I would like to see how it works. I may go south to learn a little more about it and become an instructor myself but I dont know of anyone who is seriously into it in Michigan.
Thanks, Rich. If anything changes, please post something.

PM Cam G he is a side mount diver and hooked for life!
Yeah, I know about CamG. Maybe I will shoot him a PM

Side Mount Divers

There are plenty of instructors who post on the side mount forum under technical diving.

Dwayne
Yep. Looking for someone local, though.

You can try Dale Musser? I have a buddy that just started diving sidemount ( DiveRite Nomad) this spring and I believe he is training with Dale although I am not 100% sure. I think he is located in NW Ohio.

Sorry Pelagic for misspelling your name in the PM.
I am in Tuson AZ on my wives lap top.
Just get back with me and we can play!

CamG

PM sent, Cam

Back
Top Bottom