Women's Weekend Getaways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many women's dive clubs, you might try: Women Who Dive which is a Yahoo group.

Hmmm is there a women's dive retreat, because I would be there in a second. The perfect dive retreat would be diving all morning and afternoon and then some time in the spa followed by a gourmet dinner (I love good food). I went on a ski vacation in the spring. We skied until 2pm when the snow got mushy and then went to the spa. I thought I was in heaven everyday!

I love your measurement tee shirt<G>.

The only thing missing is girls...

For the Port Townsend weekend, have you considered us all staying at the Officer's houses of Ft. Worden at Pt. Townsend? It's a great place to stay, we use it often. I think it's $200 a house/night and they have fireplace, queen beds, period furniture....

You know, the idea of getting together with other female divers is a great one. I really enjoy the few other women I know that who dive. But I have to say that I went to the girldiver website and for ME, it's a putoff. I don't do "girly" -- which isn't to say that I'm above putting on a skirt and heels and primping for an evening. But I don't need or want pink frills on my wing :). How about a dive weekend with a female instructor giving a lecture on decompression theory, or -- you know what I mean. We aren't less serious or less skilled because we're women.

I'm a female surgeon turned ER doc, so maybe this is coloring my reaction.

No Lynne, it's not. There's a bunch of us who are not above a skirt and sparklies for a night out but don't do girly. A dive weekend with a massage therapist, some deco theory, and diving would be heaven!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom