Woman's Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NuclearHokie772

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aloha. Does anyone know of any dry-suits that either fit women real well or are designed specifically for a woman? I'm trying to find a suit for my wife She is 5'9 128lbs, so she is tall and slim. I have a Hollis FX100 Large/tall and she says that is to big and bulky on her. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Look at pretty much any other manufacturer. Most of them make drysuits cut specially for women. I'm not sure why Hollis doesn't. I'd look at DUI or Bare. DUI has some of the most acclaimed drysuits out there. I've dove in a few Bare suits and really liked them. Bare also tends to be less mean to your wallet than DUI does, but from what I've heard DUI is a great company with great products, although I don't have any personal experience with their suits. Bare suits are generally around $1600, whereas a DUI is around $2000 for a trilam suit. It's not as flexible and comfortable as the wearforce material on Hollis suits, but I believe buoyancy characteristics are similar.

We just gave up and ordered custom DUI. Fits my wife very well and she is happy, no extra material no bulk. First time she dove when she had 18 dives, her trim an buoyancy control was better than mine at 50 dives :) May be it's because she is smarter than me or may be because she had no extra air pockets to manage due to a good fit and the dump valve was placed properly. Fit in a dry suit is the most !!!!! important thing. If you have a proper fit the list of potential issues with buoyancy and flexibility shrinks significantly.

NuclearHokie, look at the Fusions. Fit is not critical with that suit. I can dive mine (a S/M) and my husband's (an L/XL) and I can't tell a bit of difference between them, except that his is easier to get the undergarments into :)

My G/F dives with a Bare Trilam HD Tech Dry suit and and has no issue's. I believe she is in a stock sized suit. But I Do know both Bare/DUI make womens specific suits. And as others stated Bare will be a little less hurtfull to your wallet but quality from both is very good. Best thing if possible go to some scuba shops so you can physically look/touch and each manufacturer suit ti be sure you like it and then order.

Back
Top Bottom