Woman-themed Event Ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mia Toose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'd like to put on an event for PADI's woman dive day - July 16th and am looking to get some ideas on what interests female divers. My event won't exclude men, but it will definitely be focused on us ladies.

I'd love any and all feedback!

1. Have you ever attended a female-themed scuba diving event? What was it like? Good points? Bad points?

2. Are there any high-profile women scuba divers out there who you would love to dive with/learn from/chat with/hang-out with? Who are they?

3. What would inspire you to attend one of these events? Giveaways? Discounts? Donations to a cause you believe in? Other?

Let the brainstorming begin!

Mia
www.TruliWetsuits.com

I organized a ladies dive last here. We put a large tent up at the beach/dive site. Then the men prepared the lunch, grilled hamburgers, sides, etc. while the ladies dived. When they had their gear cleaned we served them lunch.

What I learned was it was not so much the activities but the fellowship with the lady divers that everyone enjoyed.

I have not attended such an event yet, but there is a regular one that happens around here called Aquawoman. This newsletter though a little old gives some good background on it: Jeanne-II Press Releases. It's always interested me, but the timing never seems to work out.

All the women from the Women Divers Hall of Fame are fascinating to me. I did dive with one of the women on two different dive trips & it was great.

Side note: Oldbear's dive sounds interesting. I personally love donations to charity. However, I've found that a combo of nice discounts + donations drive people more than just donations. With a decent size group, you could probably put something nice together.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom