Woman steals $3,000 gear bag from back door - Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Athens police try to ID woman with stolen scuba gear
Athens-Clarke police are trying to identify a woman who apparently stole more than $3,000 worth of scuba diving equipment left outside a business off West Broad Street near Beech Haven Drive.

A 52-year-old Deltona, Fla., man reported he left his equipment with a friend, who dropped the items off at the back door of the business at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

The equipment, ranging from regulators and gauges to flashlights, fins and diving knife, was in a yellow bag, according to the report.

An employee at the nearby Blind Pig Tavern reported seeing a woman wandering around the business complex apparently looking for “unfinished cigarettes.” Later as the woman was leaving, she was seen carrying a yellow bag.

A security camera showed the woman as a white female wearing a black shirt, jean shorts and white shoes.

The link doesn't work.

This link seems to work for me

(EDIT) A 52-year-old Deltona, Fla., man reported he left his equipment with a friend, who dropped the items off at the back door of the business at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

This guy's friend is such a jerk. Why would you leave all that at the back of a store? Given the address it was probably Dolphin Dive Center and they are closed on Sunday so it would have sat back there all day, all night. What a jerk.

(EDIT) A 52-year-old Deltona, Fla., man reported he left his equipment with a friend, who dropped the items off at the back door of the business at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday.

This guy's friend is such a jerk. Why would you leave all that at the back of a store? Given the address it was probably Dolphin Dive Center and they are closed on Sunday so it would have sat back there all day, all night. What a jerk.

Worked for me in your post.

I just wanna say “DUH”.

Don,

If you haven’t already consider posting a thread something like “do you know this woman” with a link or even copy of photo in the basic or regional forum. Maybe someone will recognize her (long shot I know)

Don,

If you haven’t already consider posting a thread something like “do you know this woman” with a link or even copy of photo in the basic or regional forum. Maybe someone will recognize her (long shot I know)

Good idea. I live in GA (not Athens, though) and am posting it to Facebook and asking others to share it.

This guy's friend is such a jerk. Why would you leave all that at the back of a store? Given the address it was probably Dolphin Dive Center and they are closed on Sunday so it would have sat back there all day, all night. What a jerk.[/QUOTE

Hey Becca...

The girl in the photo looks a little like you without your glasses...

Looks like she's walking across a wet floor...and being careful not to slip...good luck convicting anyone for anything with that photo...

No yellow bag over her shoulder...or anywhere I can see in the photo...

God help the guy caught on camera in the vicinity of the Ferrari dealership...shortly before the Ferrari was stolen...

W...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom