Witherspoon insurance issue- don't be fooled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After speaking with John last week I told him I would post a thread about this issue with the agency he went thru for underwriting last year. Last week I received an invoice in the mail from Insurance Management. It was for 533 dollars for my liability insurance. I was surprised as it stated that their "records" showed I owed this amount. This was a surprise to me as I have in hand a paid in full invoice from Witherspoon, a canceled check, and my current card and policy. I called them and got some receptionist on the phone who would only say that an agent would call me back. Finally around 7 PM one did. I asked her what kind of scam they were running. I was told it was no scam but they were merely offering me a choice of insurers.

A choice! An invoice is not a choice, I told her, it is an attempt to get money by trying to make me think I have not paid my bill! I asked them to take me out of their records and was told they could not do this. But they did say they would note to not bother me again. The next day I called and spoke with John and found out that the underwriter IM went thru last year would no longer let them write policies. He also told me that some instructors had already been taken in by this and double paid! The first letter they sent out was even more misleading and suckered more people in. Do not be fooled by this. If the correspondence does not come from Witherspoon toss it away. The choice they offered by the way was 16 dollars more than Witherspoon. Some choice, like I want to do business with an agency that lies and misleads to get business. Been there, done that, NO MORE.

Any SEI instructors, Assistant Instructors, or DM's currently insured with Witherspoon should be aware of this matter and verify your coverage. Do not be pulled in by this deceptive correspondance.

Who's is your dive-instructor liability insurance with now Jim?

Yes I know it's an old thread...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom