Wisdom high pressure hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a pin hole in my high pressure hose. Since I have the Wisdom with the quick disconnect, I wonder if I can remove the end piece on the hose and buy any high pressure hose or do I have to go through Sherwood (which would be pretty crappy engineering if you ask me). The piece doesn't come off after several attempts and I don't want to force it. I get the feeling I"m just doing something wrong when it comes to removing the quick disconnect piece. Hope I made sense, thanks.

If it's less than 2 years old it should be covered under warranty.

DA Aquamaster:
If it's less than 2 years old it should be covered under warranty.
I'ts over two years old. I have no problem buying a high pressure hose. I just can't belive that I would have to go exclusively to Sherwood because of that quick disconnect piece. I mean, I could believe it but it would suck.

Yes, if you want to keep it QD, you need to buy another QD hose. It's not just an adapter on there. Now just for the future, it is an adapter at the other end. So if you are somewhere remote, and your QD hose fails... you can unscrew the QD end from the gauge/computer, and put a standard HP hose on there without a QD. Just handy incase you're in Palau or something... and no sherwood dealers handy.

But in your case, if you want the QD, you're going to be stuck paying about $50 for a new hose...

And actually, $50.00 is not bad given that an HP hose would run you about $25-$30 anyway and that other QD adapters tend to run $30-$40 all by themselves.

Thanks for the info Larry. If Sherwood gives me another HP hose with QD, fine. Im not going to buy one from Sherwood fo 50 bucks since I never really felt that the QD was a good investment in the first place. I use a Sensus Pro for my dive data collection so I don't need to disconnect the computer to download anyway. I can buy a HP hose for 15-20 bucks. Thanks Again.

touching my elbow...

Well, you probably already know this, but you can remove the entire QD assembly and just put in a standard HP hose. Just make sure you put the HP spool in, and check or replace the #3 o-rings on it.

Do you have this replacement hose available for about $50? If so, how can I buy one from you? I could only find the entire QD kit for $90+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom