Wisdom 2 to a Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone has been downloading a Sherwood Wisdom 2 to a Mac? What program are you using?

Would love to hear if Sherwood is coming out with Mac program...?

Sherwood has the development of MAC software on the project plan, but we have not begun the task yet. Timeline? Nothing concrete yet.

I think your best bet is going to be Macdive: MacDive - Download
If you look at the "Devices" tab you won't see Sherwood, but you will see Oceanic and Aeris, other badges for the Pelagic designs.

Macdive interface suport is based on libdivecomputer, see libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers. and note that Sherwood is listed - Wisdom, not Wisdom 2 specifically, but keep reading.

Most promising for you, the author of Macdive, Nick, is t0w here on scubaboard, is actively adding devices, and regularly reports program status in the thread
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...s-analyzers/225186-new-mac-os-x-dive-app.html

In a very recent post #297, 12/28/09, he said that he's recently added a bunch of Pelagic devices, to be in a near-future update. I'd suggest waiting for that, and if your Wisdom 2 still isn't supported, contact him as he has invited. You may need to provide some data dumps from your computer to help with development, but the progress in adding devices to Macdive over the past year is impressive, and it's certainly moving in the direction you need.

Anyone know if anything has changed in the last couple of months? I am looking at buying a Wisdom 2 but we only have Macs in the household. If I can't download into a Mac easily, that would be a deal killer.

I don't see a recent mention of it on the Macdive website or the thread. I suggest again that you either PM t0w, or ask the question on a post in that thread, which he seems to follow closely. I don't know him personally, but he seems like he won't bite your head off.

Ask him. You won't get a more informed answer anyplace else.

I also just recently purchased a new wisdom 2 dive computer, and i own a MacBook Pro, the CD that was included with the comp. wont read in my mac. Is there any software i can download for my MacBook so the disk will work, also i am hoping to get the cable for my wisdom to connect to my Mac but seeing as though the included disk wont read in my Mac i figure the Wisdom 2 wont be able to communicate with my Macbook....HELP SHERWOOD!!! p.s. im a member on the Sherwood site

Jared Marini

The Sherwood software is still not MAC compatible. Sorry guys. I wish I had better news for you. There have been some ongoing projects that the software engineers can't seem to finish. So nothing new on the MAC side.

The CD that came with the computer is a promtional CD. With a short Flash video and a link back to the Sherwood Weibsite. You are not missing anything if your computer is not running it.

I think it is time that sherwood should start to support the mac devices as they are growing in popularity.

Since these posts are now 3 years old, I would like to bring up the question: wondering if Sherwood is still working on any projects for supporting Mac for the Wisdom 3?

Since these posts are now 3 years old, I would like to bring up the question: wondering if Sherwood is still working on any projects for supporting Mac for the Wisdom 3?

I have no information on what Sherwood is supporting, but in those three years, MacDive has added support for both the Wisdom 2 and 3.
See the Sherwood tab at MacDive

Try it, you'll like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom