Wisdom 2 problems, please help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KY_BOB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First, let me say that I really like the computer but it has done a couple of screwy things lately.

Background on the computer. It was purchased new last November. It has aprox 50 dives on it. The battery has never been touched.

The first problem is that the date and time are WAY off. It's showing my most recent dives in the year 2022. There are also some showing the year 2000. They were correct for the first 30 or so dives and then started with this crazy stuff.

Did I miss something in the manual about how to set them? If I can set the date and time, I'm willing to try it and see if it loses it again. Even if I can correct it, why did it lose it's date to start with. Like I mentioned, the battery cover has never even been removed.

The most recent problem: I purchased a new laptop. I went to Sherwood's website and downloaded the newest version of their software. Then I attempted to backup my logs from the old computer to a zip drive and restore them on the new computer. It was like it didn't recognize the format. I figured that the newer version of the software wasn't compatible with the older version on my old computer. I decided to update the software on the old computer to the current version on Sherwood's site. When I did that, it wiped out all of my saved data. :shocked2: (I'm not a happy camper at this point)

I then attempted to download the data from the DC to the new laptop directly. It downloaded a total of 13 dives. I'm sure a couple of them are mine but with the dates off but some of them are just crazy info like a 331' dive! (138' is the deepest that I've ever been) Some of the others look just as crazy.

I wanted to ask this, get peoples input, and maybe some from a Sherwood rep before calling anyone and raising hell.

Hopeful you still have the backup file on your zip drive but you may try the import function in the software also there is a help menu as well.

Hopeful you still have the backup file on your zip drive but you may try the import function in the software also there is a help menu as well.

I think (hope) I still have the entire program including logs on my zip drive but I had no luck importing the logs to the newer Sherwood software.

I've read everything that I can find in the help menu, even had a friend who is a computer whiz come over to try to help me. That type thing is what she does for a living and it stumped her too.

I have all of my dives logged on paper but it's a good thing. I don't think I'll be able to get them back on the computer unless I un-install the new software AND all of the data is intact on the zip drive. I was looking for any advise before trying that.

Which format is your dive log in a MDB or DLG file format? If its a DLG its real easy to install it to another computer.

Which format is your dive log in a MDB or DLG file format? If its a DLG its real easy to install it to another computer.

I can't say that I'm sure what the original logs were saved as, since they seem to be lost. When I tried to download the DC to the new laptop, they were .dlg files but those were the ones that had the crazy data (one to 331')

Maybe I screwed up by downloading the newer software to my old laptop. I assumed that it wouldn't erase my dives.

When I tried to re-download them frome the dive computer, all I got was stuff that wasn't mine. It's like the dive computer lost all of my dives but had some fake dives stored in it. Again, they dated from the year 2000 through 2022. It's almost totally random.

I would do a search for *.dlg on your computers and zip drive. If you have more then one you should still have your logs, then use the help menu in the software to open it for use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom