Wisdom 2 failed to actuate in water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hank1111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I tried pressing the button to activate but only got a code at the top 65L . Not sure what that means but after I got it home I took the battery out and put it back in and the display is working. I checked the settings and it is set to be water activated. Any Ideas would be welcome.

Not sure about that specific computer, but my Suunto as well as some others activate at 4 feet deep.

I would think that if you can activate it with the button, then it is okay. That doesn't mean, however that the wet contacts could be bad and will not activate when in the water. You'll just have to check it out, I suppose.

You know what? I don't know if mine activates as soon as it gets wet or not. Since mine is AI, I usually activate it manually prior to diving to make sure the transmitter is paired correctly and it is showing my air pressure. I may have to check that out next dive. The manual only says it automatically goes into dive mode at 4 feet, it says nothing about activating the computer when it gets wet.

I'm sure you're right. Like I said, I always manually activate it to check the transmitter pairing so I've never had the need to notice. What you say does make sense. I'm still going to make a note to check it next dive. It's got me curious, now.

Well, duh. :oops: You do make a good point, there.

Okay, just ran some water in the bathroom sink and put the DC in. It did NOT turn on. So, as I said, I'll check it out the next time I dive.

It's not that big a deal to have to do that. I've had this DC for over a year and like I said, I had no idea if it turned on when wet or not. But I'll try to remember to check it out later and report back when I find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom