wiring help (for the bauer fixer upper)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iowacavediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
You might have seen my thread on a fixer upper bauer. Step one is to get some power to this so I can if it will run and is worth fooling with. I'm a little confused about wiring up the 7.5hp motor... there is a wiring diagram on the side of the motor and the wires are clearly labeled so that seems easy enough to hook up the 220v, however there are 2 smaller wires sticking out that are not referenced on the diagram and I cannot find a similar wiring diagram online.

any ideas?

Attachments

• 20181221_180005.jpg
    20181221_180005.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 20181211_190134.jpg
    20181211_190134.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 60
In my experience the P1 and P2 wires are for thermal protection switch.

Your Motor May Vary, but...

upload_2018-12-21_17-50-41.png

DC

according to your diagram they each tie into the 2 wires that are connected to each "hot" Line from your power supply... does that sound correct? I've been hunting for a similar diagram for this specific motor with no luck... probably doesn't help it is from 1985.

That is what they are but they need to be inline with the control to the starter not the power wires.

Back
Top Bottom