Winter is a great time to take the Reg class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For the last 4 years, I've been offering the Edge/HOG Equipment Service Clinic at my location in SW Pennsylvania. Late fall, winter, and early spring are great times to do the class. This is when you look at getting your regs serviced at the end of the season and before the next.
Once again I am starting to see interest in this and so will be open to dates for it. Right now my schedule is pretty open. I offer two options for those coming to me.
1. A 10 hour day class to get you started on servicing your own regs that begins at 8 am and runs until 6. There is some pre-class prep work you need to do and I can send you info on that.
2. A 1 1/2 day class beginning on Saturday at 9:30 am and running until 4:30, followed by a half day on Sunday from 9-12.
Those who travel greater distances seem to prefer option 2. It does involve an extra hotel night but it is not as tiring before having a potentially long drive home. Option 2 is also a little bit more of a relaxed pace. We cover a lot of material in both classes.

Either way, the class is 275.00 and includes printed manuals, laminated schematics, and some extra tools that I provide that make servicing easier for you to keep.

I also only need 1 student to put the class on!

Yes, private classes are no additional cost. I recognize that people can't always schedule together. That should not prevent you from getting the skills and knowledge you need.

I also will travel to teach the class and in that case, I do need to have more than one student to cover my expenses. Classes within a 200-mile radius I need 3 students.

For more than a 200 mi radius contact me to discuss options.

Email or call me to set up a time.

Class covers D1, D2, D3 first stages and Classic and Zenith Seconds. We also look at inflators, dump valves, and other general service tips for your gear.

Back
Top Bottom