Winter / Holiday (Practice Diving)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asif

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, any idea or suggestions about shallow/day trip dives around Georgia? I am a new diver, got certified this summer. Also just bought my equipment and haven't had a chance to really test it underwater. Want to get wet and some practice during the holidays if possible.. :)

You can try out at Pelham Quarry. I don't know their winter hours or fees; and you will need a thick wetsuit/drysuit...but that'd be the case for just about anywhere now.

If you got the time/money, the Gulf Coast is only 5 hours south of you. Let me know; I sometimes make weekend trips, and Columbus is right on your way.

That's awesome! I would love to join you if it's not on a work day, so weekend is fine. I do have a good 3mm wetsuit along with a thick skin.
Let me know :cool2:

You can dive lake Lanier .Their is a group of us that dive Lanier . check out this group Lake lanier divers face book , you cans al so drive 2 hr to Lake Jocassee (north west South Carolina .You can dive the divers rap or Charter a boat with lake Jocassee die shop .
here are some links:
Lake Jocassee Dive Shop, Salem, SC near Greenville
https://www.facebook.com/groups/322153594532408/

---------- Post added December 21st, 2013 at 03:37 PM ----------

PM me for any other info

In deep winter, divers around here dive Lake Keowee....a Nuclear Plant's cooling reservoir. That means they graciously provide warm water for us to dive in. Apparently, it's too hot during the summer and just right during the winter. Jocassee dive shop is still (probably) your best point of contact for that. It's right by Jocassee.

What Victor said is probably you best bet. Lake Lanier is cold and you will need more than a 3 mil. Lake Jocassee Dive Shop boats are usually heated too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom