Winter diving in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChristineH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
I am planning a dive vacation for this winter. I am trying to decide between Saba and Roatan. I actually have been looking at this dive resort called Las Rocas Resort, has anyone ever been there? It is in Roatan and looks nice. Any suggestions will help, thanks. Oh yeah, there will be four of us but two are non divers so I would like there to be some type of activities for them that is why I was also considering Saba...

ChristineH

Be more specific about the months- it will have a real bearing upon the valid answers.

What kind of activity would it take to amuse the non-divers for a week? Parties into the night or doing the SPF50 dives on white beaches?

More details, please.

Hello!

I have stayed at Las Rocas six times and really enjoy it. I usually go twice a year. The dive shop has two boats. The small boat holds about six divers while the larger holds about eight. During most of the year, Las Rocas dives on the north side of the island (where they are located) and the dive sites are 5-10 minutes away. In the winter months (mid-November through mid February), the north side can get a little choppy so sometimes the resorts dive off of the south side. I have not dove with Las Rocas in the winter so I don't know how they handle it.

The food at Las Rocas is great. The restaurant serves breakfast with a hot entree option each day, burgers/pizzas/sandwiches for lunch, and italian/caribbean food for dinner. Happy Hour (3-5) offers 2 for 1 drinks. The resort is in West Bay which is quieter in the evenings. West End is a short taxi ride away and has more night life.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom