Wing inflator hose length/location/reach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to get my BPW dialed in, it seems like the inflator hose is shorter than would be optimal. I can grab it to add air without much problem, but to deflate I have to grab it and and rotate my grip or contort my arm to get a hold of it exhaust up, very difficult in thick gloves.

I've got one snug bungie loop up on my shoulder and a very loose loop down at the d-ring. If I elevate the exhaust above the wing, it stretches the bungie quite a lot and looks like it could kink/crush/damage the corrugated hose over time. It seems like a longer hose wouldn't really help this.

I agree with what most everyone already said.

One thing to add: I do not put the corrugated hose through the loop down at the chest D-ring. I put the LPI hose through that loop and keep the corrugated hose outside that loop. That way, the corrugated hose can make a straight line from the elbow to the power inflator/dump. Air is going to stay at the highest point. If the corrugated hose angles down, to go through that loop, before it goes up to where you're holding it, that just makes it harder to get air out of your wing. Or so it seems to me, anyway.

I do put them both through a retainer loop that is on the shoulder strap up at the top of my shoulder. That way, if they become disconnected, or I disconnect them, and the power inflator tries to float up behind my head, I can still catch hold of it just by reaching to the top of my shoulder.

I use the butt dump or the power inflator dump, just depending on my orientation in the water. If I happen to be head high (say, because I'm taking pictures and trying to shoot at an up angle), then I will use the power inflator to dump air if needed.

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get a longer corrugated hose for an DSS wing? Can I ask if it has to be a particular hose to fit (inside diameter) or they make these 1 size fit all?
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom