Wing Difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I am thinking of getting a Oxycheq wing.But whats the difference between the Mach V Razor and the Mach V Signature wing?And should I get the 18lb or 30lb?

The Mach V Signature Series has a 25 mil inner bladder and the outer shell is 1000 denier (very tight weave) has 5 ounces of urethane under it (highest protection factor in the industry) and a 360 degree zipper to get to the bladder for inspection or rare occasion a bladder repair.. Far greater protection than the Razor...

If you open up the zipper to look at and feel the urethane, you will see the difference between the Oxycheq wings and others on the market.

The outer shell for the Razor is the bladder (bladder and shell one in the same - No inner bladder). The razor is great for regular open water diving but if you think you might do any wreck penetration or spend time around coral then I would recommend the Signature Series or the Extreme.

The profile of the 30# Mack V wing when attached to a 80 cuft tank only sticks out the the side at the most 2.5 inches from the tank and the 40# only a little more. The Mach V Wings are the lowest profile wings and the market. Actual lift is more than the numerical value.

Which wing to get? If you plan to travel.. the 18# Mach V Signature Series. For cold water diving you may consider the 40# or the 30# for warm water.

Mach V Wings

Thanks for the advice!Does the Mach V wing needs a STA or I can weave my cam straps through the slots?I am using an OMS bp with a DR STA currently...

An STA is not needed for the OxyCheq Plate. I do not know if the other manufactures plates will line up with the cam slots. Even so... the MSRP on the Mini-STA is 30 USD. Smaller profile for travel.

M-STA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom