Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It still looks like that will be the course it takes, but the latest 5 day outlook shows still yet another disturbance in the same part of the Caribbean that spawned Eta and Iota which the NHC gives a 30% chance of organizing into a tropical storm.
The good news this morning from the NHC is that TS Iota is following the predicted path out into the Pacific and the disturbance I mentioned above appears to be dissipating without developing tropical circulation.

Port closed today (Wednesday, Nov 18). It doesn't look too bad but NE winds gusting to 40 mph and thunderstorms are forecast for later. It also isn't looking good for tomorrow or Friday. Bummer.

Hey could I get a recent report from a diver there now, or recently what water temps have been? Flying in the Sunday after Turkey day & asked our dive shop - they reported 83 F, but the last couple Nov. trips I've been to Coz my 'puter said 79 - 80. That report on the high side?
Thanks!

Hey could I get a recent report from a diver there now, or recently what water temps have been? Flying in the Sunday after Turkey day & asked our dive shop - they reported 83 F, but the last couple Nov. trips I've been to Coz my 'puter said 79 - 80. That report on the high side?
Thanks!
My last dive was the 15th and the temps for the days I was there were consistently 84 (but other computers read 82).

On Sunday and Tuesday I was getting a consistent 82, after having gotten 84 three weeks ago. I was happy to have taken my 3mm on Tuesday - with cloud and winds, it was chilly to me. But I wasn’t cold when I got home.
Air temperatures are down, too. Low 80s in the afternoons instead of mid 80s.

Thanks guys, I was just going to ask about the temperature. Choosing between the shortie and full-size 3 mm.

Thanks!
I came home Tuesday after 2 weeks plus was down for a week last month. Visibility has been poor to moderate. Seeing no channel current spill up over the wall. Most trips were light to no current. The most current I saw last week were a couple dives that had maybe 2 KTS current. Over the last 2 weeks the average temp has been a consistent 84F (83 min) from Maracaibo to Yucab 150' to 35' very little temp variation from top to bottom and
over the wall from Palancar to Tunich was the same (a little more current over the wall with eddy's along the ridges). Reef could use a couple weeks of moderate channel current across the reefs to blow the sand and debris off. In mid October it was pretty much the same at a solid 84 F. I checked my computer temp in the pool against an accurate thermometer this summer and it matched spot on.

Thanks!
Just got home last night after a week in Coz, diving the 15th through the 20th (a lot of shore dives due to port closures). My computer showed water temps pretty consistent between 83-84 degrees. I thought it would be cooler, but DM told me it has been a warm Fall.

Just got home last night after a week in Coz, diving the 15th through the 20th (a lot of shore dives due to port closures). My computer showed water temps pretty consistent between 83-84 degrees. I thought it would be cooler, but DM told me it has been a warm Fall.
Thanks! Looks like I'll be OK in a shorty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom