Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a big hello form Minnesota! My first Christmas away from the island in 20 years and in the middle of a very windy blizzard - my forst blizzard ever. This makes Cozumel nortes look like a cake walk - haha! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

El Norte coming through mid Texas now. If you have the windy.com App check out the forward looking animation. The speed of the frontal boundary is impressive should be to Cozumel tomorrow night. Hopefully the Port opens back up Saturday afternoon.

Just a big hello form Minnesota! My first Christmas away from the island in 20 years and in the middle of a very windy blizzard - my forst blizzard ever. This makes Cozumel nortes look like a cake walk - haha! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Now that's a big change. Stay warm!

Just a big hello form Minnesota! My first Christmas away from the island in 20 years and in the middle of a very windy blizzard - my forst blizzard ever.
The same front that hit Minnesota is the one sweeping thru Texas today and hitting the island tomorrow night. That booger did pick up speed after it left the Panhandle.

WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

The same front that hit Minnesota is the one sweeping thru Texas today and hitting the island tomorrow night. That booger did pick up speed after it left the Panhandle.

View attachment 632288
Not sure it's the same one Don - we are still "in it" - came through this morning starting around 10am - we have winds up to 66mph - it's CRAZY out there

El Norte coming through mid Texas now. If you have the windy.com App check out the forward looking animation. The speed of the frontal boundary is impressive should be to Cozumel tomorrow night. Hopefully the Port opens back up Saturday afternoon.
It's blowing through Austin right now (10PM Wednesday 12/23). It got here a couple of hours ago with NW winds gusting over 40mph. It's not going to get very cold, though - mid 30's the next couple of nights.

Not sure it's the same one Don - we are still "in it" - came through this morning starting around 10am - we have winds up to 66mph - it's CRAZY out there
Same to you Christi! Stay warm and safe up there! We got about 2" of snow here in NW WA State the other day. Still hanging around. Thankfully no blizzard! Think your storm is going to keep pushing east and hit the Eastern seaboard over the next few days. A white Christmas for a lot of folks!

Merry Xmas to all the Scuba Board folks out there!

Galveston 36F and blowing stink at 1AM today. Good luck Cozumel

Galveston 36F and blowing stink at 1AM today. Good luck Cozumel
The Windy web app (link: Windy as forecasted) says the front will get to Cozumel around midnight tonight. It looks like the wind will lay a bit during the day tomorrow but still be from a bad direction through Saturday.

Stop your crying folks...when the Norte hits the island...true party animals head to the other side..see you there tomorrow:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom