Windy Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things look better this morning (7:30AM CST 12/11/2020) on the webcams; is the pool open today?

It's gotta be - it's a beautiful morning. Dive with Martin has a Facebook page that they update when the port changes, it was open yesterday and I seen no post saying otherwise.

It was open and should remain open as far as the 10 day wind forecast shows. Like glass below Tunich, slight current at Columbia and medium to poor visibility. Tunich had a moderate current (finally). Yesterday had no current on caves or Tunich including the wall to 130'+. With the current a lot of accumulated trash was drifting off and visibility was opening up.
Beautiful Eagle Ray off was hovering in the current off Tunich wall for at least 10 minutes and no idiots spooking it with thier cameras. Other than a double sting from Pez Leon who was objecting to it's demise, a good day

It was open and should remain open as far as the 10 day wind forecast shows.

Looking good so far. Been watching Wind Guru and it looks quite favorable. Perhaps we do get 12 straight days of diving in this trip for a change. Fri the 18th looks a bit interesting but that's a week away and at least the forecast is for the wind to come primarily out of the ENE. We'll see what the port captain thinks of that... Wouldn't be the first time the port was closed because of what was going on in Cancun when the west side of Coz was flat as a sheet of glass.

On the flip side December thru February is Eagle Ray season

taken last week;
E4962F20-3535-4D2E-9C22-11B5D3EFB424.jpeg

Last night a major cold front blew through central Texas; it was more a wind event than a temperature one. Sustained NW winds were recorded at 36mph, but the wind was gusting to nearly 50mph. I'd wager that his one will make it to Cozumel.

Last night a major cold front blew through central Texas; it was more a wind event than a temperature one. Sustained NW winds were recorded at 36mph, but the wind was gusting to nearly 50mph. I'd wager that his one will make it to Cozumel.
Your thermometers didn't crash? I awoke Sunday to snow that I didn't see in the forecast, then last night got into the teens. It looks like that front is halfway across Gulf now altho Windguru isn't expecting a norte on the island until Thursday.

WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

Its just marvelous on the island today..2 dives, second one was 100 minutes long:wink:

Yeah Flyboy, totally agree. The weather is some of the best we’ve seen in Dec. right now and it appears it should continue for a while. Mid 80’s, sunshine, light to no wind and a good deal of humidity = No boat coat needed this Dec trip so far! Water temp today was 81. Vis has not been as good as prior trips but understand last week there was virtually no current. Current started flowing 2 days ago and vis has been improving greatly according to others who have been here a while compared to last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom